Archives

  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008

  • Thank you!

    Thank you so much to Elizabeth for the artwork and my brother for putting up with all of my CSS questions!

    I am proud to say that this site was designed by me!


    Other


    Powered by Blogger



    Sunday, October 23, 2005

    Books, Books, Books

    I have been dying to write something tonight, probably because I'm at work, and technically I can't post anything. All the blogger sites are blocked, so basically I can't do anything and it really sucks because I'm on the "boring" floor we call 3D tonight. Anyway, the reason I've been wanting to write is to tell the world about yet another awesome book I just finished. It's Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult. Apparentely she's a pretty popular author these days.. The only other book I've read of hers is My Sister's Keeper and it was great, too. I would definitely recommend them.
    This one is about a district attorney, Nina Frost, and her family. More than anything, though, it's about her son, Nathaniel, who was sexually molested and left mute. It's phenomenal and I couldn't put it down for a second. It was funny, too, as I was sitting here at the computer a patient was walking around the floor and saw it, so she tells me, "You're reading an awesome book!" I let her know later that I had finished it. :)
    I have about a million other books that I want to read... I don't know when I became such a book-geek. Here are a few..

  • A Million Little Pieces (this one is in Oprah's book club and I've heard really awesome things about it) -Josh Freye, I think?

  • A Man Named Dave (and the one that comes before it, I can't remember the name. They are the 2nd and 3rd books after "A Child Called It"...I've already read that one. It's about one of the worst cases of child abuse recorded in history... very intense) -Dave Pelzer

  • Little Earthquakes -Jennifer Weiner

  • Goodnight Nobody -Jennifer Weiner


  • So anyway, yea, I have a lot of work to do. :) Hopefully I will get to it sometime this semester ... because God knows I probably won't have a lot of reading time next semester when I start my first semester of clinicals in nursing school! Did I not mention that I got in? ;)

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've read two of Jodi Picoult's books...My Sister's Keeper and Plain Truth. I loved them both and this weekend I picked up Salem Falls.

    A Man Named Dave...read that some time ago. Very disturbing but a great inspirational story. I haven't read his other book(s).

    Congrats on getting into nursing school.

    Welcome back to blogging ;~)

    5:50 PM  
    Blogger Angie said...

    I LOVE to read so I am loving this post. Thanks for renting your blog space to me and for the compliment on my blog! :) I'm gonna like you!! ;)

    12:05 PM  
    Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

    The title of your blog is a best selling title for any book, fact or fiction.

    Is it a work in progress?

    12:18 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the author of a million little pieces is james frey. whatever you heard about this book you heard correctly.

    6:09 PM  
    Blogger booklover said...

    I love Jodi Picoult! I have read nearly all of her books and have reviewed them on my blog; come visit if you get the chance. My Sister's Keeper was probably my favorite. Most recently I have read Mercy. Good luck with school.

    8:34 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home