Archives

  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008

  • Thank you!

    Thank you so much to Elizabeth for the artwork and my brother for putting up with all of my CSS questions!

    I am proud to say that this site was designed by me!


    Other


    Powered by Blogger



    Wednesday, November 28, 2007

    Andes Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies

    The other night, my roommate and I (well, mostly my roommate) made these really wonderful cookies. They are on the back of those Andes Peppermint Baking Chips bags. I've been looking and looking online for the recipe, and I've found a couple that are very similar, but they add Coconut and Pecans, which we did not add. So I'm just going to take those out!

    (Trust me, these are delicious)

    What You Need:
    • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
    • 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
    • 1 large egg
    • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 3/4 cups flour
    • 1 cup old fashioned oats
    • 1 1/2 cups Andes Mint Baking chips

    1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
    2. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
    3. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
    4. On low speed, add baking soda and salt, and then flour. Mix completely.
    5. Stir in oats and Andes baking chips.
    6. Measure out 2 tablespoons for large or 1 tablespoons for small cookies. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet two inches apart. Press lightly.
    7. Sprinkle some of the remaining chips (from the 10 oz. bag) on top of each cookie.
    8. Bake for 20 minutes for large cookies or 12-15 minutes for small. Do not overbake.
    Delicious!

    Labels: ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home