Archives

  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008

  • Thank you!

    Thank you so much to Elizabeth for the artwork and my brother for putting up with all of my CSS questions!

    I am proud to say that this site was designed by me!


    Other


    Powered by Blogger



    Monday, January 01, 2007

    Resolutions

    New Year's Eve was a blast. Jenn and I (as usual) planned a "get together" at Trevor's house. There ended up being a few more people than we expected, but everything went really well. We made a huge 4 ft party sub and bought snacks and drinks. I only say "Jenn and I as usual" because we are pretty much the only ones who plan anything for anyone... but oh well, it's fun. :)

    I have a few New Years Resolutions this year... and we will see how they go. First of all, I signed up at Spark People so that I could get some help in getting rid of the 7 lbs that I need to lose. I figured 7 is a good in between number because I'm not overweigh by any means, but I would like to feel a little better about myself, so 7 is where I'm headed... and no, I'm not saying "I weigh this much now and I need to weigh this much", because I'm the only one who really needs that information.... :)

    My next resolution is to be less high strung. I tend to be a little uptight about things that don't even really matter. I need to relax. That's the key word here. I'm not this crazy, out of control person that I sometimes portray. And I'm talking in every aspect... school, work, and personal life. I need to learn to take deep breaths and just deal with things as they come and not worry so much. I know at least Trevor will appreciate this....:)

    I would like to read and write more this year. I would love to say this means "offline writing" or paper journaling, but I've tried that. Typing is more for me! And I love to read - I just need to make time for myself, because it is something that really does make me happy. So I need to make time for things like that. I think that'll help with the whole high strung thing, too!

    So that's it- these are my goals. I just feel like I've become this unmotivated person (besides in school...) and I need to get back to being active and passionate. I've become lazy, because all I let myself do is worry, worry, worry... mainly about school. I've decided, though, that I'm going to make this semester a good one. Actually, let's make this year a good one!

    Cheers. :)

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome back! I didn't check this for a while thinking you were still preoccupied. :D

    Nice to know you had a good New Year's. Hmm, I haven't had subway for a while, maybe I will go have one today.

    Wow, you must be really strong. A medic student and relaxing; usually medic students that I know run around panicking all the time. You probably know how to balance things, heh.

    Worrying about school is good, since if you do good there and get what you want, it will be easier to get a job. Good luck with all the goals. :D

    11:14 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home