Archives

  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008

  • Thank you!

    Thank you so much to Elizabeth for the artwork and my brother for putting up with all of my CSS questions!

    I am proud to say that this site was designed by me!


    Other


    Powered by Blogger



    Friday, May 19, 2006

    Brassy Blonde

    Ok, as un-interesting as a topic this will be, I need hair advice! Leave it to me, of course, to ask for hair advice on my blog.

    I recently colored my hair and actually got great results- except for one little glitch. My roots that were growing in from my last coloring were brownish(or dark blonde, however you want to look at it). When I colored my hair blonde, the dark roots turned a brassy color- the rest of it, though, looks GREAT! I love the blonde. I even have little streaks of strawberry blonde/brownish color because of my previous highlights. Does anyone know how I can fix the roots? It's not terrible, but it still bothers me. I've heard of washing it with dawn dish soap to tone down the brassiness- am I crazy, or does that sound right? :) I was also going to grab some toner from Sally's, but I don't really want to screw it up. So any advice would be much appreciated. :)

    I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, so I'm off to take a small nap. This two night thing is working great for me- much better than the previous 3 in a row. In the 7p-7a shift, one night makes a huge difference.

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Emily Suess said...

    Honey, see a professional! Do you realize how far back you'd have to cut your hair if you screw up the roots? You'd be bald! I say, take no chances.

    11:14 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dawn dish soap!! Good lord NO!

    6:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey girl,
    I have been there with the brassy roots. The best thing to do is use BLUISH PURPLE shampoo and condition made especially for toning down the brassy color. There is a shampoo called MAGIC LIGHTS available in drug stores, and Pantene makes a conditioner for silver hair that does the same. Or ask in a salon for such products. They ash out the gold glow. best of luck.

    7:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey girl, i have done the same thing, and heres what you need to do, the shampoo & conditioner will help some but not enough, you need to get CLAIROL semi permanant color in #02 sahara blonde, its a neutral color so it will take out that brassiness, its the lightest blonde there is and is used as a toner, i put that on my roots every time i color them, trust me it will work!!

    12:51 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Get some pigmented shampoo in purple or blue-purple and use as necessary. DONT "tone" your hair by re-dyeing it, that'll just kill your hair (not to mention screw up your dye job). Artec, KMS, and Bumble and Bumble all makes shampoos/conditioners to do the job.

    1:21 PM  
    Anonymous Alex said...

    What ever you do, don't use the Dish soup it will ruin the hair color. As for the roots, well if you paid to have your hair colored and you like it, then I would see your stylist about helping you out, even if it costs a little extra. The way I see it is, you already paid to have your hair colored, its an investment that you don't want to ruin. If you did it yourself then look into some shampoos that have toner in it. Alterna has a few specifically for blonds.

    Hope that helps. In the future you can also check out my Seattle hair blog for ideas or tips. Or even just email us if you have a question.

    9:29 AM  
    Blogger Jennifer said...

    I'm in the same boat what did you do to fix the brassy roots? I had to go to work with it this way today but need to fix it tonight or I'll have to cancel my morning meetings, can't risk the humiliation from the cats in the office. HELP!!!! Please?

    11:46 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yep me too, on the same boat, I was considering just going back to brown, but I really dont wanna, and I really really dont wanna waste the money I just paid to have it done. The stylist told me that she could put some highlights in it, but Im not sure that will help enough, cause its not just on the top, and I dont want to pay another $80 for highlights!! ahhhh...HELP!

    4:17 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home