Archives

  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008

  • Thank you!

    Thank you so much to Elizabeth for the artwork and my brother for putting up with all of my CSS questions!

    I am proud to say that this site was designed by me!


    Other


    Powered by Blogger



    Monday, April 24, 2006

    Time to Relax

    Whew- it's about time, I know. I'm not going to do a play by play on my last two weeks at clinicals because well, that's just to much work. Let's just say they were good, and I'm learning a lot. :) So far, I've gotten to do these clinical skill checkoffs:
    • Started an IV (successful on the first try!)
    • Did subcutaneous injection (multiple)
    • Did my first accucheck, plus about a million more after that
    • D/C'd a male foley
    • Did an IM injection
    • Gave p.o. meds (oral meds)
    • Flushed an IV
    That's about all I can think of right now. I think that's pretty good for only being in Block I! And I have a week and a half left. Whew.

    I never imagined how stressful and exhausting this would all be. I am literally tired 24/7. I hope it will all be worth it in the end. I am even more stressed right now because I got a bad grade on my last test (along with about 50% of the class, so that made me feel a little better...). I have about 20 more points to lose, with one more 30 pt test and a 50 pt final. That's not a lot of cushion, if you ask me. So I have to make sure I get a *great* grade on this next test, and you have no idea how much pressure that is! I'm not used to having to count every little point- usually I leave myself with plenty of room for error. This is a very new feeling for me, and I'm hating it. I'm sure I will be fine, because really, even if I get the lowest passing grade on each test (a 23/30 and 38/30), I'm still fine. It's just a sucky feeling.

    In other news, I bought a new ipod nano. My friend Lindsay brought her 20gb ipod into work the other night and all of a sudden I decided I wanted one, too. So I bought the black 2gb nano from Apple - I was a little leary of the black because everyone says it scratches and shows marks a lot more than the white. However, I plan on going out and buying a case before I even touch it, so hopefully we'll be A-OK. I wanted the black- it looks so sleeeeek! Also, you might wonder why I got the 2gb instead of the 4gb. Well, basically, I don't really listen to music all that much, and I don't have that many CD's, so I think 2gb will be just fine for me. I mean, that's 500 songs! I don't even know if I know 500 songs! Hopefully it will suffice! :) I was also torn about the new video ipod, too, but also decided that's a lot more than I really need. Not to mention I have my brand new snazzy laptop to watch videos and shows on anyway!

    That's all for now ... I'm going to get better at this, I swear! And well, It's Deal or No Deal time, baby!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home