Archives

  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008

  • Thank you!

    Thank you so much to Elizabeth for the artwork and my brother for putting up with all of my CSS questions!

    I am proud to say that this site was designed by me!


    Other


    Powered by Blogger



    Wednesday, January 09, 2008

    Happy New Year


    Happy New Year! Can you believe it? Time has really flown by... a New Year means so many things... so many changes, but hopefully for the good.

    I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I definitely did. I celebrated early with my family (we had Christmas Eve on the 22nd and Christmas on the 23rd) because my sister left for Italy on the 24th. It was a great time, as always. On Christmas Eve and Christmas, I celebrated with Trevor's family, so it was a long but fun 4 days. I was lucky enough to have 8 days off of work over Christmas - it went by way too fast!

    As the New Year started to approach, I thought about what I would like to change in my life. And aside from the very vague "be a better person" idea that I seem to have every year, I tried to look for something a little more specific. Part of my New Year's Resolution is to stop making unrealistic goals for myself. I know that I'm not going to write in this blog every day, or take a picture every single day and post it here, or write in a paper journal or make some life-changing event happen every day.

    So, with that - I want to take more pictures in general. I want to have memories. And although I'm not a great photographer, I am going to get better. And I'm going to be better about printing those pictures so that I can have them in photo albums. I've been keeping my pictures on Shutterfly, but who knows when those places won't be there anymore? So I want to have the important photos in my hands. I've actually already started, too - I signed up for a year membership at Shutterfly, which gives me a discount on printing pictures for the year. I also got a free 20-page photobook - so I basically created a scrapbook online that they print and send to me. Now that is a great idea!

    So no more unrealistic goals just to be disappointed in the end. This year is going to be a good one, and I'm going to remember all of it!

    Labels: , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home