Archives

  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008

  • Thank you!

    Thank you so much to Elizabeth for the artwork and my brother for putting up with all of my CSS questions!

    I am proud to say that this site was designed by me!


    Other


    Powered by Blogger



    Wednesday, January 16, 2008

    Jewel

    The other day I suddenly remembered that I own CDs. So lately, on my way to work, I've been listening to some of them instead of the crap they play on the radio! Specifically, I've been listening to my Jewel CDs and remembering how much I love her music & poetry. I've already posted (a very long, long time ago) my favorite poem of hers, but here is a refresher.

    So just kiss me and let my hair
    messy itself in your fingers

    tell me nothing needs to be done-
    no clocks need winding

    There is no bell without a voice
    needing to borrow my own

    instead, let me steady myself
    in the arms

    of a man who won't ask me to be
    what he needs, but lets me exist

    as i am

    a blonde flame
    a hurricane

    wrapped up
    in a tiny body

    that will come to his arms
    like the safest harbor

    for mending

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home