Archives

  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008

  • Thank you!

    Thank you so much to Elizabeth for the artwork and my brother for putting up with all of my CSS questions!

    I am proud to say that this site was designed by me!


    Other


    Powered by Blogger



    Thursday, November 03, 2005

    The Wheels on the Bus Go Round

    So for a small recap- my sister, Allison, and her roommate(also a family friend) are special education teachers. They got their degrees from Central Michigan University and have been teaching here in Arizona ever since. The other day, for the first time, I had the pleasure of seeing what the teaching thing is all about !

    First, we headed to Heather's school where her and Allison run an after-school program... a reading club. These kids are somewhere along the lines of 3rd/4th grade. It was a pretty awesome, and a little amusing, experience. They had a lot of fun trying to guess who I was related to (and one, of course, had to guess that I was Allison's mother... not something I want to hear), who was oldest, who was youngest, etc. It's very interesting the way kids' minds work. When we had them guess who was the oldest and youngest, they had us all stand up...because obviously whoever was the tallest is the oldest, vice versa!

    After that we had dinner at Macayo's and headed to a wine bar, where, after a couple glasses of wine, Heather talked very loudly about the fact that she "could not believe I was not 21 yet!" It was an interesting night...;)

    The next morning I went with my sister to her school and had the pleasure of working with Ben, an 8th grader with downsyndrome ... something I never thought I could do. He was the sweetest kid imaginable, and I had such an awesome time with him... he even told me I could marry him if I wanted, and asked me if he could give me a hug when he left. It made my heart melt! I definitely want to go back ... although I don't think I could ever teach for a living... I was not blessed with much patience!

    Now, after that lovely story... I'm off to see Saw II. Have a fantastic night! :)

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Branowen said...

    HAhaha! At least you didn't get thrown out of the wine bar. That would have been a story to tell the grandkids...

    I think I'm going to start calling you Mommy around Al now, that's just too funny!

    Have fun at Saw - you'll love it!

    7:32 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home